Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Munch for the Memorial

The city of Rosemead hosted a Food Truck festival this weekend called Munch for the Memorial, a fundraiser for a 9/11 memorial.  Finally, a free event (no admission) that is in the hood! I was very excited to attend this event, so I dragged my baby sister with me and we were off! We got to the festival pretty early, but nonetheless.. there were already lines, especially for the Grill Em' All Truck, winners of the Food Network's Great Food Truck Race.  My sister jumped in the Grill Em' All line and I was off exploring our other options.  The event had a variety of Food Trucks, sweet trucks, BBQ trucks, fusion trucks and even Boba trucks! I wasn't able to get a taste from every truck (my wallet would not allow it) but the trucks I did sample were pretty tasty.. and most of all... worth the wait.  My family was very happy that we brought all this yummy goodness home for everyone to sample! Oh, and on a side note, if you ever attend a food truck festival or any event with several food trucks... bring back up! Chances are there will be lines.  At least if you are with others, you can either split up and everyone wait in a different line to shorten the "wait time" or you will have company in line.  Either way... these kinds of events are so much better when shared with friends and loved ones!

The Flying Pig
Tamarind Duck Taco- very yummy, I liked the beets and almonds gave it a nice crunch
Carne Asada Taco- sweeter than traditional carne asada
Chicken Taco
Grill Em' All Truck (the line shown here wasn't even 1/4 of the line)
The Behemoth Burger- 2 grilled cheese sandwiches replace buns then add a 7oz patty bacon... oOo and more cheese.. It was burger goodness.. but if you care about your health.. try not to make this a habit 
The Molly Hatchet- fennel sausage gravy, bacon and maple syrup.. I loved the maple syrup on the buns!
Willoughby Road Truck
Pork Belly Sliders- MY FAV from the whole festival!  The pork belly was tender but crisp on the edges. I loved the picked cucumber and slice of chili pepper.  THIS was worth the wait... 
Brisket Plate with a side of Thai Slaw and Mac-N-Cheese- very tender brisket and  creamy mac-n-cheese
Global Soul Truck
The Pork Mojo- probably the healthiest item I ordered at this event.  I loved the basil pesto and fresh flavors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment