Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dewar's Ice Cream & Candy Shop

*Sigh* Valentine's Day... A regular day or a day to swoon your sweetie? I guess for me, it was a little bit of both.. but not too much of the swooning part.  2 years ago, my love and I swore off Valentine's Day due to 3 disastrous V-Day's  in a row together.  So this year, we spent Valentine's Day together in Bako and kept it low key.  I made Roasted Garlic Chicken with Portabello Mushrooms, Yellow Squash and Alfredo Pasta Shells.  (Sorry no photos! By the time dinner was ready I had devoured my chicken before realizing no photos were taken! But no worries, will be making this again!) After dinner, my love took me to an old school ice cream parlor called Dewar's.  He told me his co-workers informed him that Dewar's is over 100 years old, has great ice cream and is pretty much a must try.  They were right... It was such a great experience and the employees were super friendly! So happy I came here and a nice way to end Valentine's Day.  A sweet treat from my sweetie...
The Red and White.  Vanilla Ice Cream, Strawberry Compote and Marshmallow Fluff with your choice of chopped Almonds or Walnuts.  O.M.G. I am so glad I ordered this.. I love strawberries and it mixed so well with the creamy vanilla ice cream.  The kicker has to be the marshmallow fluff that is added at the top... such a great treat!
The Classic Black and White.. Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, Chocolate Ice Cream topped with Marshmallow Fluff with the choice of almonds or walnuts.  If you like hot fudge sundaes you will LOVE this.  Once again, the marshmallow fluff takes the cake.. or in this case.. the sundae

No comments:

Post a Comment