Monday, February 14, 2011

Gus's BBQ

Part two of my dineLA experience brought me to Gus's BBQ in Pasadena.  I met up with a good friend and a fellow food lover, excited to check this spot out.  We couldn't resist the deal: 3 course prefix meal for $16.00!!! We tried to order different items on the menu so we can try all of the yummy BBQ goodness.  We agreed on everything expect for dessert, we both ended up getting the Old School Ice Cream Sundae and we just couldn't resist! I am glad I was able to experience Gus's BBQ.  I enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the wait staff was great.  Watch out Gus's BBQ... I will be back! Yumm!

Shout out to my dear friend David for being AMAZING!!!

Chicken Tortilla Soup- I really loved this soup.  It had a good depth of flavor with a nice kick of spice at the end.  
Pull Pork Nachos- Yes, it was as amazing as it sounds.  A MUST HAVE.  
Pull Pork Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries- The sandwich was tasty but didn't blow my mind.  But the sweet potato fries were very yummy.  
Rib Sandwich with Mac-N-Cheese- This was tasty also, but wasn't very special.  The best thing about BOTH sandwiches was the butter toasted ciabatta bread! The bread was amazing! Crusty, a bit chewy and airy.      
The one thing we couldn't agree to share. The Old School Hot Fudge Sundae.  This mound of goodness is made with Fosselman's vanilla bean ice cream, hot fudge, and honey maple pecans.. One of the times selfishness wins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment