Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jar

Thank you LA restaurant week for allowing me to get my fix at Jar Restaurant for a very good deal.  I always look forward to the 1st half of the year and the last half of the year because of DineLA.  For those who are not familiar, DineLA is Los Angeles's Restaurant Week or in this case.. 2 weeks, where participating restaurants in Los Angeles County will dish out prefix meals for reasonable prices.  This gives patrons the opportunity to explore a variety of restaurants and it also helps boost the restaurant business.  Of course, I couldn't resist taking advantage of DineLA, and was able to try out Jar Restaurant in West Hollywood.  The food was amazing, the staff was attentive and even though my bill was pretty hefty ($76.00 total for myself) in the end, it was all worth it.

Amuse Bouche- Char Sui Croissants, very tasty and a nice play on the traditional dim sum buns
Oysters on the half shell topped with thinly sliced radish.  So fresh and when topped with the malt vinegar with shallot sauce, it gave it just the right amount of tartness. 
2nd Amuse Bouche option- Deviled Eggs with Crab
Soup of the Day: Lobster Tomato soup. It had a fantastic depth of flavor and my mouth was dancing the whole time. I had to restrain myself from picking up the plate and licking it clean.   
Jar's Signature Pot Roast: Very tender and super yummy.  
My pot roast came with a side of whipped potatoes, it was so buttery and very delicious.  
Filet of Rib Eye Steak served with baby Arugula, Chimichurri sauce, and roasted onion.  
Butterscotch Pudding
Banana Cream Pie: BEST BANANA CREAM PIE I HAVE EVER EATEN... the crust was amazing and they did not skimp of the amount of sliced bananas in the mini pie.. so simple and so very good
Coconut Sorbet 

No comments:

Post a Comment