Monday, September 20, 2010

Open Door

My friend has been raving about this little joint called Open Door in Monterey Park for months.  She kept telling me, "The next time you are off before 5pm, we have to go to Happy Hour at Open Door. Trust me, it'd good!" And man... was she right.... I am all about finding little hole-in-the-wall joints, I believe these small restaurants can concoct the best foods out there and I am all about supporting small up and coming restaurants.  We went for Happy Hour (5:30-7:00pm) and even for Happy Hour it was a little bit pricey, but well worth it.  So if you are ever in San Gabriel Valley around 5:30pm, stop by Open Table.

Strawberry Soju
Ready to eat and drink!
Albacore Sashimi was amazing, the Salmon Sahimi was just o.k. for me
Truffle Tator Tots with sour cream and ketchup 
Truffle Butter Edamame was worth every penny and was so earthy
Braised Beef with potatoes and sweet teriyaki sauce 
Garlic rice... yumm!
Almond pudding with Lychee 

2 comments: