Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Burger's Please!

Since experiencing Umami Burger a few weeks back, Tone and I have been talking more and more about the burger joint we want to open up together in the future.  There are a few places on my list I want to scope out, and I was finally able to cross off, The Counter, off my list.  We weren't able to go to the Hollywood or Santa Monica locations, so we went to the Pasadena location.  The walls were decorated with various graffiti  like paintings and stake boards.  I was pretty cool, and the food was yummy!

<----- The Counter

The beer, wine, and dessert options








Strawberry Shake ----->

The shake was a classic strawberry shake.  I was a little bummed that there weren't too many options. 
















 <--- Sweet Potato Fries and Shoestring Onion Rings

The sweet potato fries were nice and crispy. I loved that I could still taste the sweet potatoes.  They weren't topped with anything and didn't come with the standard maple syrup, or brown sugar. 

Onion rings were flavorful and not too greasy.  They were nicely seasoned with the onions perfectly cooked. 

Chili Cheese Fries ------>

Of course, Tone had to order the chili cheese fries (it's his ultimate favorite side item to order with a burger) It was a bit spicy and loaded with ground turkey meat.  So yummy, I took the leftovers home and ate them for lunch today. 




<----- The Counter Burger

Tone ordered the Counter Burger which included onion rings, sauteed mushrooms, provolone cheese, all beef patty that was cooked to medium rare, and some greens, all sandwiched together between the house hamburger bun.  Tone proceeded to eat the majority of this onion rings off his burger because it was piled too high. 


My "Custom Ordered" Burger ------->

I liked the fact that I could custom order my own burger adding whatever I wanted.  So I ordered a burger which included scallions, grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms, Gruyere cheese, all beef patty cooked medium, roasted green chilies, and organic mixed greens all sandwiched between the house hamburger bun. It was very tasty....




<----- Inside my "Custom Ordered" Burger

Can you see the layers of flavors??? yummy... my only gripe about my burger was that the bun wasn't very sturdy.. it began to fall apart on me after I took my first 2 bites... next time, I will try another bun. 






When GG gets older, where she can actually begin to eat full on solid foods, we will take her on a burger adventure.  Until then, I can't wait to check out a few more burger joints on my list.  I hear Father's Office in LA is a must. Any suggestions or recommendations on local joints that deserve to be tasted and written about?

No comments:

Post a Comment