Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

Went to Las Vegas this past week to celebrate my 25th birthday.  I was extremely excited, not only did I desperately need a mini vacation, but I was going to celebrate my birthday with a group of my favorite girls.  Needless to say... this weekend was filled with tons of fun, lots to drink, dancing, and of course, lots of yummy food....

I have been to Las Vegas at least 15-20 times in the past 4 years, but every time I have been there, I have NEVER past by, or even thought of going by the famous Las Vegas sign.  I went with a good friend of mine to run a quick errand, and she was determined to get a photo of the sign afterward. 






Cherry Vodka --->

We all drove in right after work on friday, so we didn't get to Vegas till a little after 12:30am.  As soon as we got there, we got ready for a long night of dancing and drinks...




The next day we were all a bit hungover, and a whole lotta hungry, so we went to the new buffet at the M Hotel, which was about 20 minutes off the strip.  Overall I enjoyed my food, and it didn't hurt that the price (Seafood Buffet for $29.95) included endless beer on tap and wine. 


<--- Caesar Salad with some cherry tomatoes


Shrimp Cocktail ----->

The standard shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce, except the M Hotel's sauce had a bit more horseradish in it, which gave it a big bite towards the end





<---- King Crab Legs

so much work, but totally worth my time.. I mean half the fun is digging for the sweet meat, and cracking the shells open


Mac and Cheese ------>

After a long night of dancing, this is exactly what I needed the next day to refuel my body.. so luscious, creamy and cheesy, it was very good considering it came from a buffet.  However, nothing and I mean nothing, can beat  The Slide Bar in Fullerton, Mac and Cheese. The Best Mac and Cheese ever, but that's another blog entry.

<----Amber Rose Root Beer on tap

I had to wash all this delious food down with some amazing root beer.  This root beer was on tap and exactly what I needed for my soda fix.  It was smooth, full of flavor and totally refreshing, just like a wonderful beer. 










Chocolate Mousse and Creme Brulee ----->

The chocolate mousse is for chocolate lovers.. I love chocolate, but this mousse was too sweet for me.

The creme brulee was amazing! It was creamy, loaded with tons of vanilla, and the crystallized/torched sugar on top was awesome.



<----- Carrot Cake with the M Hotel logo on Chocolate

cream cheese frosting and carrot cake... yummy...







I ran an errand with a girlfriend of mine while out in Vegas.  She kept telling me of this chicken joint called Raising Cane that had super yummy sweet tea.  She bought 3 jugs of sweet tea to take home, and it was pretty good.  A little too sweet for me, so I ended up diluting my cup a little bit, then it was just right.  Next time I am in Vegas, I will go back and actually sit down and try the chicken. 










On the way back to the hotel (we stayed at the Palazzo, which I highly recommend everyone to stay at least once, it's perfect if your party is 8-10 people, you can all fit comfortably in one room/suite) I played around with my camera, and used the silhouette function for this photo. 





Lastly, I leave a photo of just a small glimpse of what this past weekend looked like.  I love to Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment