Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pulled Pork

I am trying to play catch up with all my blog posts and was shocked that I didn't posted details of the pulled pork I made in July.. (I know... I'm kind of failing on my updating!) I was and continue to be pretty proud of this dish.  It was my very first time making pulled pork and  I knew I wanted to get a bone in shoulder or boston butt but I was stuck between which cooking method I should use.  I didn't have access to my fams smoker, so it was either roasting or slow cooker.  I check out various recipes for both cooking methods then decided I would roast the pork.  I seasoned the meat with BBQ seasoning mixture my friend brought back for me while he was vacationing in Tennessee. I roasted the pork for 6+ hours at 300 degrees and it was literally falling apart when I pulled it out of the oven.  I allowed the meat to rest for at least 30 minutes before I started to pull it apart.  The results were amazing and I can easily say it was one of the best dishes I have ever made.  I topped it with a mango salsa and red cabbage for crunch! It was super yummmmmers and I think I will be making this again very very soon! :)

Fresh from the oven! 
Meaty goodness
Pulled Pork with Mango Salsa and Red Cabbage
Honey Toast to finish off the meal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment