Friday, July 8, 2011

Laksa

I have been inspired to make various foods I love to eat out.  One of them is Laksa, a popular Singaporean noodle dish.  I was introduced to Laksa by my love when we went to his favorite place to get Laksa, Litz Restaurant in Monterey Park.  Since I will be making the big move in a few months, I decided to look up various recipes on Laksa and try to make it at home.  That way when the craving kicks in, I can whip up a batch! I googled Laksa, and discovered it is a very long process to make the stock from scratch.  So I did the Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade thing and went to a local Asian Supermarket to buy Laksa sauce packets.   From there, it was not difficult to make! Added water to a pot, boil the water, add the Laksa sauce packet, coconut milk and various proteins such as chicken and shrimp then simmer.  After about 20 minutes, I poured the creamy broth over a bed of vermicelli noodles and topped with fresh mint (courtesy of mama's garden)  What I ended up with was a curry like broth that was a bit spicy and very flavorful.  I will definitely be making this again, especially since it was a lot easier than I thought!

The final product: Homemade Laksa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment