Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lazy Ox Canteen

As promised, I am trying to blog more often and I was lucky enough to go on a foodie adventure last night.!! I am sad to say that my foodie adventures are going to be decreasing in the upcoming months because I need to start saving dramatically due to the fact that I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL!!! Yiippppeee!!! I am very excited for the next chapter in my life! Unfortunately, my foodie adventures will be taking a hit BUT that just means I will be making more meals at home... hm....maybe I can write a couple of posts on how to jazz up ramen noodles... sounds like a good idea to me!

Anywho, to celebrate the news and to catch up, 2 of my favorite people took me out to Lazy Ox Canteen, a small gastropub located in Little Tokyo.  It had a fun and lively atmosphere and the only thing that was a little off putting for me was our waiter.  He would occasionally walk over to our table to check on us without saying a word. One time I even said hello to him as he awkwardly stood by our table.  BUT the food was sooooooo delicious and flavorful. I loved all the dishes we ordered and it was wayyy too hard to pick a favorite!  Food is served Tapas style which is great for sharing.  I will definitely come back to the Lazy Ox.

Lazy Ox Canteen  
flying dog schwarz beer and Prosecco 
the blushing bride to be!
iberico Ham with dense grilled bread... I LOVE CURED MEATS
blistered shishito peppers with mojama- not too spicy!!
yellow tail crudo with scallion, grapefruit and papaya salad- super super good!
anson mills polenta with creamed mushrooms and curry- so creamy and the texture was amazing! 
jerusalem artichoke with roasted apples and aged balsamic
our spread 

No comments:

Post a Comment