Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yamashiros

Months back I was introduced to a little site called, Groupon.  Groupon allows its users to purchase items at a very discounted price in selected cities throughout the nation.  Each day is a different offer, and the user can choose whether or not to purchase the featured item, however, in order for the Groupon to go into effect, a certain amount must be purchased. 

Anywho, I waited as each day I was e-mailed a different deal until I saw something that would entice me to finally make a purchase.  That day came when Yamashiros in Los Angeles offered $80.00 worth of food and drinks for the price of $40.00.  I jumped on this right away.  Over the course of 3-4 months I had made attempts to make reservations and use my Groupon, but something always came up.  However, yesterday I spontaneously decided that Tone and I would finally go to Yamashiros.

I have heard for years that Yamashiros is the place to go if you want to impress your date.  So I told Tone to dress up and that I was going to wine and dine him.  I did not expect the food to be great (I have been told by many people to only go to Yamashiros for the view and ambiance, not the food) When I started eating my food I was surprised that the food wasn't too bad.  I even had some of Tone's food and it was pretty good! All and all I had a good time and it was nice having a nice fancy dinner with Tone, but I have to admit, I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon or at all, it's just too overpriced. 

Our table
Our view when we got there
Of course I got hot tea! This one was Jasmine, it was a bit bitter, but still hit the spot.
Tempura Calamari with Cilantro dipping sauce
A close up of the Tempura Calamari
The American Wagyu Steak cooked medium rare served with crispy onions, broccolini and roasted potatoes
Miso Black Cod served with wasabi mashed potatoes, mushrooms and mustard greens.. very yummy!
 Our view as we were leaving
Life in California... I love it.

2 comments:

  1. looks fabulous! i was last here when i was 8. i guess i'd better go again, soon, to see how things have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so incredibly clear! Nice close ups!

    ReplyDelete