Friday, April 2, 2010

Lunch is Served

Unexpected day off today.... the perfect time to update.... Over the past few days I've been making lunch at home, from the leftovers from the night before.  I've been trying to save up for an upcoming Vegas trip with girlfriends for my birthday.. super excited!!!

<----Tuesday Lunch
Monday night I had dinner with brown rice.  I had brown rice that was left over the next day, so I wanted to make sure to use it all.  So I made some steak that was marinating from the night before, stir fried some broccoli with green onions and added roasted tomatoes to my brown rice. 




Wednesday Lunch --->
Tuesday night my love suggested we go to Shakas, a local Hawaiian BBQ eatery in Alhambra.  I got the Shakas Sampler, which came with Crispy Chicken, Sweet Teriyaki Beef skewers, and Spam Musubi.  Obviously, too much food for just one person to consume.  So naturally, I had leftovers.  The next day I crisped the chicken back up in the toaster oven, and heated up the beef.  I then chopped the meat up, got my Trader Joe's herb mixed salad out, added someone roasted tomatoes, a bit of goat cheese, and voila! My salad was complete.
In addition to my salad, I had a bowl of tomato soup, with a few wheat thins on the side.  The wheat thins were good... the tomato soup... not so much









Thursday Lunch----->
Wednesday night I get an exciting call from my brother that he was on his way to get my birthday present...  the nikon d5000 (I am very excited) and to come home to pick it up.  I was also encouraged to stay for dinner (I didn't need much persuasion).  My sister made steak with various peppers and mushrooms.  I took my huge piece of steak home and the next day i sliced it up and added some bread with a salad.  YUMMY.....

No comments:

Post a Comment