Friday, February 26, 2010

some yummy meals I have made

A few yummy meals I have made in the past few weeks


To celebrate Chinese New Year, my family and I had a feast worthy of Kings.  It was requested that I make my Lettuce Wraps filled with juicy ground pork, chinese sausage, garlic, green onions, and shiitake mushrooms (the shiitake mushrooms are what make these wraps tasty)







I went to MOCA President's Day, and as a little snack, I walked over to a street truck with my sister and boyfriend, Tony.  and what did we see when we got closer to the street truck?? Korean BBQ style tacos and burritos.  No, No it was not the famous Kogi Truck, but this truck wasn't too bad.  The bulogi (BBQ beef) was sweet and soft, and worked well with the contrast of the crunchy and spicy kimchi.  This inspired me to go home and make these delicious tacos.  My tacos came out pretty scrumptious and I was satisfied with them. 



I had Green Tea Soba Noodles a few weeks back and I fell in love.  It was a particularly hot day in Los Angeles, so Tony ordered cold Soba noodles at a local Japanese restaurant.  But not just any Soba noodles, but green tea Soba noodles.  Each noodle was flavored with yummy green tea and it was wonderful.  The flavorful dipping sauce came with scallions and grated radish.  The mixture of everything was great.  Of course, I ended up going home determined to make it myself.  A few days later, I went to a local Japanese market and got everything I needed.  Thank goodness for my good friend whom happens to be Japanese, he pointed me in the right direction, in terms of what type of dipping sauce to get.  Soba at home is just as good as Soba at the restaurant. 


My family, Tony and I went to Houston's Steakhouse for my sister's birthday.  Yes, I got steak, but it was huge! So I bagged it up and took it home.  The next day, I thought to myself, what the helk am I going to do with this big ass piece of steak?  Then it hit me, why not make one of my favorite things in the world... sandwiches!  So I sliced up my steak thinly and took some of my compound roasted garlic and chive butter and began cooking.  My end result... this totally delicious steak sandwich which I topped with an herb salad and juicy tomatoes.   NO CONDIMENTS NEEDED.

No comments:

Post a Comment