Monday, May 23, 2011

Mastro's Steakhouse

Wow it has been way too long since my last update! Epic fail on my part but so much has happened since my last post! I had many foodie adventures and I was extremely excited to share them with you all.  I made braised short ribs for the first time, made beef stroganoff with leftover short rib meat and ate at Bottega Louie.  But I was swamped with endless piles of paperwork from work! :(

Also, I got a Macbook!!! Very exciting!!! But I am sad to say that because of the change I have lost ALL my foodie adventure photos!!! :( So I am starting from scratch again.... no worries though! All is well :)

I was able to savage a few photos because they were still saved on my PC, so at least I have that.  So, for the past few months, I have been wanting treat my family out to a fancy steak dinner and at the time I was debating between Cut by Wolfgang Puck and Mastro's Steakhouse.  Both, I would say are excellent choices and needless to say.. I had a hard time deciding but I ultimately went with Mastro's.

I am glad we went to Mastro's.  My family had the opportunity to get dressed up and eat very well.  This was the first time in a long time my Mom went out to dinner with us.  My Mom is way old school, she doesn't believe in dining out often.  She would tell us, "Why go out for dinner when we can make dinner at home? It's going to be cheaper and you know our food will taste better." Most of the time... she was right.. Moms.. they always have the answers.  Enjoy the photos and I promise I will start blogging more often!!!

Seafood Platter of Tiger Shrimp and Oysters 
Steak Tartar with capers, shaved parmesan, cesar salad with a very strong anchovy flavor and toasted bread  
Wagyu Tomahawk Steak- hands down THE best steak of the night but it comes with a steep price tag, $98.00 but it can be shared!!! 
Close up of the Tomahawk

Rack of Lamb
Bone-in Rib Eye Steak- very good, even though my piece was a little chewy.  I loved the nice crust on the steak.  
Halibut Steak with lemon: very moist and tasty
Family Style Sides- Garlic Mushrooms, Creamed Corn, Asparagus, Sauteed Spinach and Lobster Mashed Potatoes. All worth a try.  
Bread Basket- loved the pretzel bread!
Since Mom came to dinner we wanted to celebrate the moment! Happy Non-Birthday Mom!
Mastro's Famous Butter Cake- Butter, Sugar, Ice Cream... need I say more?
Flourless Chocolate Cake- It tasted like fudge and was a bit too rich for me that night
Mastro's is a dimly lit restaurant, so GG showed me that the flash was way too bright! 
One person that enjoyed the bread basket more than anyone: GG.. yay for cracker like flatbread! 
GG and my Mom

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! I loved it there.
    -jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post.Mastro's is my favorite restaurant

    ReplyDelete