Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Auntie Em's Cupcakes

Happy New Year everyone!

Starting the new year with a craze that exploded in 2010.. Cupcakes.  I didn't go wild during cupcake craze, and tasted my fair share of cupcakes, overall I thought they were all ok to pretty good, but nothing phenomenal.  Enter Auntie Em's in Eagle Rock... A very dear friend of mine gave me Auntie Em's cupcakes for the holidays, 1 Red Velvet and 1 Chocolate.  When I took my first bite of the Red Velvet cupcake it was like an explosion of creamy cheesy goodness and super moist cake.  I was in cupcake heaven... The Chocolate Cupcake was just as good! Moist chocolate cake topped with chocolate ganache like frosting.  Wow... what a way to end 2010...

Apparently, 2011 is going to be the year of the Pie... I keep telling my dear friend to start her own pie business because she makes THE most amazing pies... she probably thinks I am joking.... I am not! :)

Wishing you all a joyous and super yummy 2011!!!

Red Velvet and Chocolate Cupcake

2 comments:

  1. oh lovely lady, you are too kind! i'm glad you liked them. promise: more food adventures together in 2011!

    ReplyDelete