Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I love....

Sandwiches....

They are one of the Loves of my life... simple but well made bread and an awesome filling (whether that may be, cold cuts and cheese or the classic peanut butter and jelly), I love so many things about sandwiches. Which brings me to my next subject.  Earlier this week, I was talking to a good friend and she mentioned that LA Weekly came out with an article, 99 Things to Eat in LA before you die.  Of course, I immediately opened my laptop and read the article.  I am always looking for neat and yummy places in and around LA to explore.  I found this little bakery in Pasadena called Euro Pane.  The article stated everyone must have the Egg Salad sandwich, served, open faced with medium boiled eggs with sun-dried tomato spread on a choice of toasted bread.  All it took was one bite, and I was in eggy bliss, but the more I ate it, the more I thought to myself... I can make this! So, a few days later, I went and bought another egg salad sandwich, a tuna sandwich (this one fore Tony), side salad for us both, and some yummy desserts. 

I started to dissect the egg salad.. the different flavors... what is in this thing?! I know for sure, medium boiled eggs, salt, pepper, mayo, chives, sun-dried tomato spread, mixed greens and toasted bread.  I am going to duplicate this egg salad! Will keep you posted on my progress. 






Also, got the Tuna with cranberry walnut bread.. the tuna was fresh and did not have the overwhelming tuna smell that we are all too familiar with.  It had a good balance of mayo and the cranberry walnut bread gave it some sweetness. 








Side salad with vinaigrette, I added some grated Parmigiano Reggiano and shook my container to mix all the goodness.  The salad was crisp mixed with the tangy vinaigrette was yummy, but the kicker was the added Parmigiano Reggiano, it gave the salad an extra depth of flavor. 







I also got the Monkey Bread (donut like texture topped with Cinnamon and sugar crumble) and a fruit tart.  I have not yet tried the tart but I hope it tastes just as good as it looks.  I am definitely a visual person, and I always eat with my eyes first.

1 comment:

  1. oh snaps! this all looks so amazing. did you make your egg salad from scratch yet?

    ReplyDelete